Thomas G. Slater
A graduate of Frostburg State College, Tom Slater taught in Frederick County Schools for sixteen years and obtained his M. A. in U.S. History before entering law school. He graduated with his J. D. from the University of Baltimore in 1980 and passed the Maryland Bar in May, 1981.
Mr. Slater began practicing law in Frederick part-time while teaching high school. In 1982 he began the full-time practice of law as a sole practitioner which he continued for 4 years before forming a partnership which he was a part of for 10 years. In 1996 he formed The Law Offices of Thomas G. Slater, P. C., where he continues to serve clients from Frederick and the surrounding areas with an outstanding level of professionalism and experience. His son, Stephen, joined the law practice and Slater & Slater, P.C. was formed.
Mr. Slater's professional associations include: National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (Sustaining Member); Maryland Association for Justice; Maryland State Bar Association (a former member of the Board of Governors); Bar Association of Frederick County (former President); Frederick County and Maryland Criminal Defense Bar, Frederick County Plaintiff's Bar, and Frederick County Family Law Association.
- Maryland, 1981
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 1981
- The George Washington University
- M.A. - 1971
- Frostburg State College
- B.S. - 1966
- Major: U.S. History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives, Sustaining Member
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Maryland State Bar Association, Former Member, Board of Governors
- Bar Association of Frederick County, Former President
- Frederick County Criminal Defense Bar
- Maryland Criminal Defense Bar
- Frederick County Plaintiff's Bar
- Frederick County Family Law Association